Thank you to all those who voted!
After 2 rounds of votes from a private poll, the design and type of shirt has been decided. Below is winning logo with over 80% of the votes and it’ll be printed on an Adidas Climalite 100% Polyester t-shirt.
For anyone interested in getting this exclusive Spikethru tee, please email email@example.com or contact me through our Facebook page or message me directly.
For men’s tee, they’re a looser fit so I’d recommend going a size down. Women’s fit is true to size. I have sample tees for anyone interested in a test fit.
For the tshirt with logo it’ll be $28.00 before tax. For a limited time, there will also be an opportunity to PERSONALIZE your Spikethru tshirt. You can get your number on the sleeve for an additional $3.95 and for your name on the back collar is an additional $5.50.
As always, thank you for your support and being a part of the Spikethru Volleyball Community!
Let’s get it!
Below are some results from the final round of voting for anyone interested in the outcome. Thank you for all those that took part in the voting. This was made based on all your recommendations and suggestions.
ROUND 1 OF VOTING
ROUND 2 OF VOTING
Hey Fellow Spikethru-ers,
It’s that time again as school’s in full swing, so is Monday night volleyball. We will be starting Sept 18th, 2017 and running until June 11th, 2018.
There will be a few minor changes as follows:
- Slight price increase to $3.50 per person
- Advance payment can be made for the full year, which is 32 sessions at a discount rate (message for more detail)
- Format will be 3 teams of 6 players (no subs) and games up until 21 points
The first event will be posted on Monday September 11th and the first event will take place Monday September 18th starting at 8:00pm. Please come on time and early, so we can start right away once everyone is warmed up. Thanks.
Spikethru is pleased to announce that we secured a single gym at Ellesmere Community Centre for volleyball on Sundays from 1pm to 3pm starting June 18th until September 10th!
Sign up will be done through Facebook as usual, or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have Facebook.
- Cap is 18 players, which translates to 3 teams.
- Games will be played up to 21 points with the max cut off at 25 points.
- Winner will stay on for a max of 2 games.
- The cost per player is $5 for the 2 hours.
Hoping to see some old and new faces over the summer!
See you all soon,
Ellesmere Community Centre 20 Canadian Rd Scarborough, ON M1R 4B4
- 3 teams CAP, at least 1 girl on the court at all times
- Teams pay a flat rate of $24 for the team or $4 individually
- No CAP on number of players on a team, but recommended to keep under 8 to maximize play time for your team
- Games will be up to 21 points, “King of the Hill” style
- Team with the most win will be crowned champs of the weeks for a max of 3 weeks
- If a team is crowned champs 3 weeks in a row, the runner-up will stay for the following week
- The other two teams will then be switched out for the following set of teams depending on the amount of teams joining
- Team schedule will be posted in advance and if the team can’t make it for that week, please let me know and the next team on the list will take that spot
Please note this is still trial and error and it may change in the upcoming weeks. If you have questions or concerns or even suggestions on the format, please comment or message me.
We’re excited to announce that SpikeTthru got another school gym for Friday nights at Markville High School (McCowan Rd/Carlton Rd) from 8:15pm to 10:15pm.
This is a single gym with greater space, hardwood floors and higher ceilings.
The format for this will be a little different and hoping for this to be a little more competitive than Monday nights. This will be a “Bring Your Own Team (BYOT)” format which allows your team to not only practice together, but also play against other teams of different levels.
Price will be $3.50 per individual or $21 for the team based on 6 players, and format will be 3 teams and games played until 21 points.
If there are any individuals that are interested but don’t have their own team, I can try to create a pick up for you if there’s enough interest of individuals wanting to join or place you on a team if someone is missing on another team. This is great opportunity to learn how to play positions as well.
We’re running this as a trial basis to feel for interest, if not, we may revert back to individual drop-ins like our Monday nights.
Feel free to message me or comment if you have any questions!
School’s about to start but that’s good news for us because SpikeThru’s Monday night volleyball will be up and running again from mid-September until mid-June.
There will be a few minor changes as follows:
- Price will be increased to $3.00 due to an increase in the school permit fee.
- Due to the amount of interest in attending and crazy sign ups at 11pm, 12 spots can now be reserved for half the year or for the full year with an advanced payment (message me for more details). This means you no longer have to sign up at 11pm on Monday nights. The spot will be there for you every Monday but we’ll still require you to let us know ahead of time if you can make it or not.
Format will stay the same 4 teams of 6 and games up until 15 points.
The first event will be posted on Monday September 12th and the first event will take place Monday September 19th at 8:15pm so be sure to mark your calendars!
SpikeThru’s long awaited beach volleyball event at Ashbridge’s Bay Beach will be taking place next Saturday July 23rd starting from 9am. Of course, this will be weather dependent.
The event sign up will be available this Sunday just so we can get an idea of how many people will be there.
Looking forward to seeing all my SpikeThru members and meeting new ones too!