Spikethru is pleased to announce that we secured a single gym at Ellesmere Community Centre for volleyball on Sundays from 1pm to 3pm starting June 18th until September 10th!
Sign up will be done through Facebook as usual, or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have Facebook.
- Cap is 18 players, which translates to 3 teams.
- Games will be played up to 21 points with the max cut off at 25 points.
- Winner will stay on for a max of 2 games.
- The cost per player is $5 for the 2 hours.
Hoping to see some old and new faces over the summer!
See you all soon,
Ellesmere Community Centre 20 Canadian Rd Scarborough, ON M1R 4B4
- 3 teams CAP, at least 1 girl on the court at all times
- Teams pay a flat rate of $21 for the team or $3.5 individually
- No CAP on number of players on a team, but recommended to keep under 8 to maximize play time for your team
- Games will be up to 21 points, “King of the Hill” style
- Team with the most win will be crowned champs of the weeks for a max of 3 weeks
- If a team is crowned champs 3 weeks in a row, the runner-up will stay for the following week
- The other two teams will then be switched out for the following set of teams depending on the amount of teams joining
- Team schedule will be posted in advance and if the team can’t make it for that week, please let me know and the next team on the list will take that spot
Please note this is still trial and error and it may change in the upcoming weeks. If you have questions or concerns or even suggestions on the format, please comment or message me.
Don’t forget to come ready with your Team Name!
Sept 23 rd Teams
- Team Carl
- Team Amanda
- Team Ferdi
Potential Teams for following week
- Team Kai
- Team Roman
- Team Allen
We’re excited to announce that SpikeTthru got another school gym for Friday nights at Markville High School (McCowan Rd/Carlton Rd) from 8:15pm to 10:15pm.
This is a single gym with greater space, hardwood floors and higher ceilings.
The format for this will be a little different and hoping for this to be a little more competitive than Monday nights. This will be a “Bring Your Own Team (BYOT)” format which allows your team to not only practice together, but also play against other teams of different levels.
Price will be $3.50 per individual or $21 for the team based on 6 players, and format will be 3 teams and games played until 21 points.
If there are any individuals that are interested but don’t have their own team, I can try to create a pick up for you if there’s enough interest of individuals wanting to join or place you on a team if someone is missing on another team. This is great opportunity to learn how to play positions as well.
We’re running this as a trial basis to feel for interest, if not, we may revert back to individual drop-ins like our Monday nights.
Feel free to message me or comment if you have any questions!
School’s about to start but that’s good news for us because SpikeThru’s Monday night volleyball will be up and running again from mid-September until mid-June.
There will be a few minor changes as follows:
- Price will be increased to $3.00 due to an increase in the school permit fee.
- Due to the amount of interest in attending and crazy sign ups at 11pm, 12 spots can now be reserved for half the year or for the full year with an advanced payment (message me for more details). This means you no longer have to sign up at 11pm on Monday nights. The spot will be there for you every Monday but we’ll still require you to let us know ahead of time if you can make it or not.
Format will stay the same 4 teams of 6 and games up until 15 points.
The first event will be posted on Monday September 12th and the first event will take place Monday September 19th at 8:15pm so be sure to mark your calendars!
SpikeThru’s long awaited beach volleyball event at Ashbridge’s Bay Beach will be taking place next Saturday July 23rd starting from 9am. Of course, this will be weather dependent.
The event sign up will be available this Sunday just so we can get an idea of how many people will be there.
Looking forward to seeing all my SpikeThru members and meeting new ones too!
As you can already tell, SpikeThru has rebranded! We decided to create this official brand to better represent our community, a brand that you can be proud to be a part of.
SpikeThru has become more than just a Monday night drop-in. It’s now a community of like minded players displaying great sportsmanship and a demonstrating a love for volleyball.
Hope you guys like the new SpikeThru!
For those of you looking to buy volleyball gear or doing some Christmas shopping for a volleyball lover, check out Canuck Stuff.
By using the VIP code CrazyAboutVolleyball (case sensitive) at check out, you can receive a 0-20% discount on certain items.