- 3 teams CAP, at least 1 girl on the court at all times
- Teams pay a flat rate of $24 for the team or $4 individually
- No CAP on number of players on a team, but recommended to keep under 8 to maximize play time for your team
- Games will be up to 21 points, “King of the Hill” style
- Team with the most win will be crowned champs of the weeks for a max of 3 weeks
- If a team is crowned champs 3 weeks in a row, the runner-up will stay for the following week
- The other two teams will then be switched out for the following set of teams depending on the amount of teams joining
- Team schedule will be posted in advance and if the team can’t make it for that week, please let me know and the next team on the list will take that spot
Please note this is still trial and error and it may change in the upcoming weeks. If you have questions or concerns or even suggestions on the format, please comment or message me.
We’re excited to announce that SpikeTthru got another school gym for Friday nights at Markville High School (McCowan Rd/Carlton Rd) from 8:15pm to 10:15pm.
This is a single gym with greater space, hardwood floors and higher ceilings.
The format for this will be a little different and hoping for this to be a little more competitive than Monday nights. This will be a “Bring Your Own Team (BYOT)” format which allows your team to not only practice together, but also play against other teams of different levels.
Price will be $3.50 per individual or $21 for the team based on 6 players, and format will be 3 teams and games played until 21 points.
If there are any individuals that are interested but don’t have their own team, I can try to create a pick up for you if there’s enough interest of individuals wanting to join or place you on a team if someone is missing on another team. This is great opportunity to learn how to play positions as well.
We’re running this as a trial basis to feel for interest, if not, we may revert back to individual drop-ins like our Monday nights.
Feel free to message me or comment if you have any questions!
School’s about to start but that’s good news for us because SpikeThru’s Monday night volleyball will be up and running again from mid-September until mid-June.
There will be a few minor changes as follows:
- Price will be increased to $3.00 due to an increase in the school permit fee.
- Due to the amount of interest in attending and crazy sign ups at 11pm, 12 spots can now be reserved for half the year or for the full year with an advanced payment (message me for more details). This means you no longer have to sign up at 11pm on Monday nights. The spot will be there for you every Monday but we’ll still require you to let us know ahead of time if you can make it or not.
Format will stay the same 4 teams of 6 and games up until 15 points.
The first event will be posted on Monday September 12th and the first event will take place Monday September 19th at 8:15pm so be sure to mark your calendars!
It’s 11:00pm and it feels weird not to routinely post a SpikeThru event!
As many of you know, tonight was the last SpikeThru volleyball drop-in as the school term ends but not to worry, we’ll resume again in September 2016!
SpikeThru would not have been so successful without your support so many thank yous to everyone who has participated or spread the word – I hope everyone had a great time every Monday night.
Not wanting the fun to end, I want to organize a few beach volleyball events or find other indoor courts we can play at in the interim. To keep things simple, please like the Facebook post or this blog post so I can gauge interest.
Again, thank you all for the awesome year and hope to see everyone sooner than September! 🙂
As you can already tell, SpikeThru has rebranded! We decided to create this official brand to better represent our community, a brand that you can be proud to be a part of.
SpikeThru has become more than just a Monday night drop-in. It’s now a community of like minded players displaying great sportsmanship and a demonstrating a love for volleyball.
Hope you guys like the new SpikeThru!
Thank you to everyone who showed up today, the format definitely worked out a lot better. I noticed the games were pretty close so next week we’ll try for up to 15 points and maintain the same format.
Please remember, we reserve spots based on your attendance status on our events page so please be respectful of others and update your attendance status. There were a few people this week who had to be turned away even though we actually had a few spots available.
Just like this week, I will be posting the attendance and forming teams by Monday morning (or earlier if the event becomes full).
Always check back on our Facebook page or website for the latest details.
Just want to send a quick note to thank everyone who participated in our first drop in and for your patience as we figure out the best way to utilize the court.
After playing tonight and with some great feedback, next week we will try a new format and a more competitive level of play:
- We will experiment running one full court and have 24 players cap with 4 subs (1 per team)
- Instead of 15 minute rotations we will do up to 21 points – winner stays on for a maximum of 2 games
Again, space will be on first come first serve basis managed through our Facebook event page and our website. Once the event is full (28 players) we will post the attendance list and any additional sign ups will be put on the wait list. Thank you to those who updated their attendance status on Facebook this week to allow others to participate – we continue to encourage you to keep us informed through Facebook.
Thanks for a successful start and we look forward to seeing everyone again next week!