markville high school
- 3 teams CAP, at least 1 girl on the court at all times
- Teams pay a flat rate of $24 for the team or $4 individually
- No CAP on number of players on a team, but recommended to keep under 8 to maximize play time for your team
- Games will be up to 21 points, “King of the Hill” style
- Team with the most win will be crowned champs of the weeks for a max of 3 weeks
- If a team is crowned champs 3 weeks in a row, the runner-up will stay for the following week
- The other two teams will then be switched out for the following set of teams depending on the amount of teams joining
- Team schedule will be posted in advance and if the team can’t make it for that week, please let me know and the next team on the list will take that spot
Please note this is still trial and error and it may change in the upcoming weeks. If you have questions or concerns or even suggestions on the format, please comment or message me.
We’re excited to announce that SpikeTthru got another school gym for Friday nights at Markville High School (McCowan Rd/Carlton Rd) from 8:15pm to 10:15pm.
This is a single gym with greater space, hardwood floors and higher ceilings.
The format for this will be a little different and hoping for this to be a little more competitive than Monday nights. This will be a “Bring Your Own Team (BYOT)” format which allows your team to not only practice together, but also play against other teams of different levels.
Price will be $3.50 per individual or $21 for the team based on 6 players, and format will be 3 teams and games played until 21 points.
If there are any individuals that are interested but don’t have their own team, I can try to create a pick up for you if there’s enough interest of individuals wanting to join or place you on a team if someone is missing on another team. This is great opportunity to learn how to play positions as well.
We’re running this as a trial basis to feel for interest, if not, we may revert back to individual drop-ins like our Monday nights.
Feel free to message me or comment if you have any questions!